Don't Miss 'Em! Upcoming Events
- Mar 30 7:00pm - 8:00pmSPARK Workshop WRS
- Apr 3 - Apr 4No School
- Apr 7 3:30pm - 4:30pmBlack Light Rehearsal
- Apr 8 3:30pm - 4:30pmBlack Light Rehearsal
- Apr 9 9:00am - 10:00amBlack Light Concert
- Apr 9 7:00pm - 8:00pmBlack Light Concert
- Apr 14 3:30pm - 6:30pmAct 1 Dress Rehearsal
- Apr 15 3:25pm - 6:25pmAct 2 Talent Show Rehearsal
Welcome to Pleasant Hill Elementary School! We are excited to have you part of the community!
We encourage all to join the PTA to show your support for the school and, most importantly, your children. You are joining a wonderful school with a reputation for academic excellence – Pleasant Hill has earned the Academic Excellence Award on the Illinois Honor Roll for 8 consecutive years, a distinction that goes to high-achieving schools in Illinois. Our entire learning community – students, parents, staff members and civic groups – is focused on the best interests of our students, helping us live up to our motto: Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow. As the PTA, we sponsor new events along with traditional favorites during the year in order to maintain a strong support system for our school and children. We invite you to learn more and stay connected through our Survival Guide, website, newsletter & facebook. Have a great school year.
Patty Nuccio & Jim Tileston PTA Co-Presidents
Latest News & Reminders
Do you help coordinate a PTA program, event, or fundraiser? Would you like to learn how other District 15 PTAs' host similar programs or how you could bring a new idea to your PTA? Would you like to get more involved in any of these programs and want to know more? District 15 PTA's are hosting a roundtable event for volunteers on March 9 from 7-8:30 pm at Marion Jordan Elem School. The purpose of the evening is to provide a forum for our local PTAs to share and spread the word about the variety of fantastic programs you put on every year. Check out what's available.
Talent show update! Due to the large amount of submissions, ALL Acts need to ajust their time to 1 minute. Assighed rehearsal dates and times were communicated before spring break. Please be sure to READ the guidelines for all the important information and timeline. Volunteers are also needed to help with auditions, dress rehearsal & backstage show. Contact LynnDaugerdas@gmail.com with questions or your offer to help.
Earth Club is sponsoring a Save Your Soles shoe drive beginning April 6th thru the 17th. Drop-off boxes will be located at the front of school. All kinds of new or gently worn shoes are accepted, including boots, sandals and dress shoes. Most important are kids shoes. We are looking for quality and not quantity. Before choosing shoes for donation, please ask yourself if you would feel comfortable handing the shoes to someone in need.
It is now time to purchase the 2014-2015 Pleasant Hill yearbook! Books will be on sale now through April 1, 2015, the cost is $15.50 per book. Order forms were sent home with the students. This year you have the option of printing your child's name and school portrait on the front cover for an additional $5.00. (Total book cost would be $20.50). Books can be purchased online at http://ybpay.lifetouch.com/ Yearbook ID Code: 1210215, or you can send a check, payable to Lifetouch, with your order form to school.
Are you receiving the monthly addition of Pleasant Views...our School Newsletter via email? If not, subscribe here... e-newsletter. This is the best way to keep informed on what's happening at the school. Don't forget to add our phpta.org to your "favorites" & "LIKE US" on Facebook for the latest conversation & information.
The PTA google calendar is availabe to download on your electronic device. Subscribe to our PTA google calendar.
On-Going Fundraising Opportunities:
- Do you have Box Tops for Education sitting around your house hiding somewhere? Collecting Box Tops is a fun and easy way to raise money for our school. For every Box Top we collect the school earns 10¢. Last year we collected $1,300! Happy clipping.
- Wondering...what is MANNA? It's a gift card purchase program. Check out what you can buy or click for an order form? Next orders are due on Friday, Mar 13. Learn more about Manna here.
- Shop Online? New this year, the Pleasant Hill PTA is partnering with 2clickfundraising.com, a unique & EASY fundraisering opportunity. All you need to do is go to 2clickfundraising.com, Click #1, choose Pleasant Hill PTA - Click #2 choose your retailer. It's that easy!
Drop Off and Pick Up procedures - click here for details.