Don't Miss 'Em! Upcoming Events
- Feb 20 : : No School
- Feb 23 : : School Pride Day
- Feb 23 : 8:00am : Dads & Donuts (A-L)
- Feb 26 : 7:00pm : Spark Meeting
- Feb 26 : 7:00pm : Rec Night (K Boys/Girls)
- Mar 1 : 6:30pm : Roller Skating Night
- Mar 2 : : School Pride Day
- Mar 7 : 9:00am : PTA Meeting
Letter from the President
Welcome to the start of another great school year at Pleasant Hill! The Pleasant Hill PTA is once again looking forward to providing enriching and enjoyable events for students and families.
In order to provide these events and activities we ask for your support and assistance. To help, we encourage you to join the PTA. You can do this through MySchoolAnywhere.com. In addition to the many PTA Membership benefits, you will have access to our online directory which can be printed from home or viewed using the MySchoolAnywhere App. You will also have the opportunity to sign-up to join a committee or help out at an event. Instructions are included in your membership confirmation email.
Our first PTA meeting will be held during the Back to School Picnic on August 23rd at 5:30PM. September’s meeting will be on September 5th at 9:00AM in the Teacher’s Lounge. Our meetings will continue monthly throughout the year. Please plan to join us!
Thank you and I am looking forward to seeing you around school this year!
- Subscribe to the monthly e-newsletter.
- Stay Connected with text notifications and alerts using a new service with Remind.com. Click here for more details about this service.
Sign up now.
- Download the PTA Google Calendar is availabe to download on your electronic device. Subscribe to our PTA google calendar.
- Connect with Facebook.
Drop Off and Pick Up procedures: Click here for details.
Please know that a No Left Turn sign has been placed at Michigan Ave and Cedar Ave. The Palatine Police Department feel strongly that this will aid in keeping our students safe while crossing at the cross walks.
Please know that the No Left Turn is only during morning drop-off and at after school pick-up while school is in session.
The police will be enforcing this sign for the remainder of the school year.
- Here is some information about After School Specials that will be on February 8 and 15 from 3:20-4:30.
- Sign up will be between January 16-26 on the MySchoolAnywhere website.
- Here is where you can find a list of all of the classes that will be offered on the two days.
- If you would like to help out and volunteer for the event, please fill out this form. We welcome any parent who is available on either day to help us with getting the students into the different classes and dismissed at 4:30.
All Rec Nights are from 7-8 pm. Gym Shoes Required.
Monday, January 22nd - 3/4 Grade Boys
Monday, January 29th - 3/4 Grade Girls,
Monday, February 5th - 1/2 Grade Boys
Monday, February 12th - 1/2 Grade Girls
Monday, February 26th – Kindergarten Boys and Girls
Collecting Box Tops is a fun and easy way to raise money for our school. For every Box Top we collect the school earns 10¢. Last year we collected $1,300! Happy clipping.
- Wondering...what is SCRIPT? It's a gift card purchase program. Learn more about SCRIPT here.
- Shop Online? Again this year, the Pleasant Hill PTA is partnering with 2clickfundraising.com, a unique & EASY fundraisering opportunity. Click #1, choose Pleasant Hill PTA - Click #2 choose your retailer. It's that easy!
- After School Specials – We are looking for 2 new committee chairs to take over this event. The position involves soliciting volunteers to teach classes, organizing the signup for students, and running the event on 2 afternoons in February.
- Make a Difference – We are looking for a several parents to help lead volunteer events for the students during Make a Difference Week in early November.
- Reflections – Reflections is the National PTA art program. We are looking for someone to join the committee at Pleasant Hill and help organize several lunchtime work sessions with the students this fall.
- Holiday Shop – We are looking for a 2nd chairperson to help with this event in early December.
- SPARK (Special Education Parents Accessing Resources and Knowledge) – We are looking for a parent to represent Pleasant Hill on the Northwest Suburban Council SPARK committee.
- Game Station - Game station is a lunchtime recess option for students to stay indoors and play board games. As a volunteer, you will monitor these lunchtime sessions. We are also looking for someone to chair this committee and organize the volunteer schedule.