Pleasant Hill Elementary School
434 W. Illinois
Palatine, Illinois 60067-6745
Phone: (847) 963-5900
Fax: (847) 963-5906
Absence Recorder: (847) 963-5901
District Safety & Emergency Closings Announcements
2016 - 2017 School Hours
- Grades 1-6: 8:45-3:25 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 8:45-11:20 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:50-3:25 p.m.
- Grades 1-6: 8:45-2:35 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 8:45-10:55 a.m.
- PM Kindergarten: 12:25-2:35 p.m.
Lunch & Recess Schedule
The school guidelines for going out to recess are as follows. The temperature is based on the real feel temperature. If it is raining or snowing in a way that is too dangerous to be outside, students will be inside for recess.
|5, 6 Lunch||3, 4 Lunch||1, 2 Lunch|
|3, 4 Recess||
5, 6 Recess
1, 2 Recess
|Above 10 degrees||Follow normal lunch/recess schedule|
Recess - 15 minutes outside, 15 minutes inside
Lunch - Normal schedule
|Below 0 degrees||
Recess - Indoor Recess
Lunch - Normal schedule
If you child has a medical condition that prevents them from being outside during certain temperatures, please send a doctors not to Mrs. Novak the school nurse.
Parking Lot Rules
- Parents must remain in their car when using the drop-off lane. If children cannot independently open the door, exit and shut the door, then you should park in a space and walk children across the drop-off lane.
- All children must exit the vehicle on the passenger side while in the drop-off lane otherwise they are directly entering traffic.
- Make ONE car stop to unload ALL children even if they line up at different doors. Multiple stops slows down traffic flow.
- When picking up your child, parents need to escort children in the parking lot if your vehicle is not parked along the sidewalk. For safety, children should not walk unaccompanied in the parking lot.
Letter from Mr. Morris about parent pick up and drop off procedures
These rules are in place for the safety of all our families and children. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please share them with Principal Mr. Morris.
The Parent Portal provides parents with access to a secure, online, web-based portal to the District's new student information system. Click here to access the portal.
Parents must confirm their desire to view their child's information online in order to access the parent portal. Once they do, the portal will allow them to view their child's attendance history, registration and transportation information, report cards, and mid-term progress reports.
If a child's teacher chooses to use the grade book and/or homework modules available through the new student information system, parents will be able to access this information through the parent portal, as well.
NOTE: Parent Portal was launched in October 2010 and information is gradually being populated.
Pleasant Hill School
Pleasant Hill School where our motto is "Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow." Pleasant Hill earned the 2009 Academic Excellence Award designation on the Illinois Honor Roll (for the sixth consecutive year), a distinction that goes to high-achieving Illinois schools.
Pleasant Hill has been recognized by the United States Department of Education as a No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon School in 2004 and as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in 2001. Our entire learning community--students, parents, staff members, and civic group--is focused on the best interest of our students.