From the PTA Treasurer
Volunteers: Here are a few reminders on the processes and forms required this year. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks for your cooperation and I look forward to working with you!
Stephanie Usalis, PTA Treasurer
- Count all cash and checks and fill out a Money To Be Deposited form. Extra copies of the form can be found in the PTA workroom bin. No deposits will be accepted without a completed form.
- All cash and checks are to remain at school and be locked in the safe by Danielle Escudero. For a convenience, the deposit can be brought home to be counted, but should return to school immediately. No money should be kept at home longer than 24 hours (weekends being an exception).
- Notify the Treasurer immediately that a deposit is ready. The Treasurer will verify the amount before making the deposit and will contact you if there are any discrepancies with what’s listed on the form.
The following is a list of stores that accept our Illinois Sales Tax Exemption Form:
- Dollar Tree
- Wal-Mart (see service desk first to obtain authorization)
- The Party Store
All other stores, try asking; good possibility that they’ll accept our exemption form.
- Fill out a Check Request form. You can also find additional copies in the PTA workroom file bin.
- Attach receipts, purchase orders, invoices, contracts, or any other type of paperwork specifying the amount requested. The Treasurer will not be able to fulfill any requests without a completed form.
- Place the form in the Treasurer mailbox in the PTA workroom.
- If you have a split request, such as a deposit and a final payment, you are responsible to submit a Check Request form for both payments.
- Bank fees occurred to the PTA for lost or damaged checks are the responsibility of the payee.
- Committee members are responsible to obtain authorization to exceed their budget. Submitting for authorization does not guarantee approval. Please submit for approval with the Co-Presidents.
- A second signature is required by one of the Co-Presidents to issue a check. Please understand this takes coordination on our part. Checks will be fulfilled within 5 business days from when the request is picked up if all paperwork is in order. If you have specific check needs, please contact the Treasurer directly so arrangements can be made.
- Our PTA is a tax exempt association. All committee members should use our Illinois Sales Tax Exemption form when making purchases. The PTA does not reimburse for sales tax from stores that honor our exemption.
Cash Box Requests
For events where cash will be paid and change needs to be given, e.g. Book Fair.
- Use the Check Request form to write out your needs. Specify how many singles, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies you will need. For any additional requests, a separate form must be filled out.
- Submit your request for a cash box no later than 2 business days in advance. This request requires the signature of the Treasurer and Co-President to be fulfilled.